"I said many times from the first day: Don't trust America", Khamenei said.
"We accepted the nuclear deal, but the enmity against the Islamic Republic did not end", Khamenei said.
The protesters, mostly participants at weekly Friday Prayers, issued a statement in which they reiterated their loyalty to the Islamic Republic and its anti-imperialist ideals.
The media, as well as other Iranian officials also reacted critically to the news of the United States' withdrawal from the nuclear agreement with Iran. Rouhani stressed that Iran will stay in the JCPOA with European Union partners, Russian Federation and China.
Mousavi said that the biggest loss Iran has incurred from the nuclear deal was legitimizing the U.S. government by accepting to negotiate with them.
In a Sunday meeting with visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena in Tehran, the Leader referred to the historical and cultural ties between Iran and sub-continent states including Sri Lanka and said the current level of relations between the two states is way lower than the existing capacities.
Trump abandons Iran nuclear deal: What now?
Chairman of the Majles Foreign Policy and national Security Committee, Alaeddin Boroujerdi said the Parliament is ready to approve a budget to boost Iran's military forces and missile program.
He described Iran as the most developed states in technical, scientific and academic fields in the region and expressed the hope that his country could benefit from Iran's achievements.
The deal with Iran's government was signed by Mr Trump's predecessor, Barack Obama.
Before that message, Khamenei accused Trump of lying during his announcement.
- Trump says he's working with China to save ZTE
- Southampton 0-1 Man City: Saints ease to safety despite loss
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' tops North American box office for third weekend
- Junket tourism
- Father and mother tortured, neglected 10 children in Fairfield, police say
- Spanish GP: Lewis Hamilton wins to increase F1 title lead
- Footage from scene of Offaly light aircraft crash
- Google to roll out 'Take a Break' feature for YouTubers
- Madrid Open: Zverev claims title with crushing win over Thiem
- Florida impacted by salmonella outbreak traced to eggs sold at Publix, Walmart