On Friday, the Islamabad High Court said that Hall did not have absolute immunity in the country.
Any way credit goes to the Federal Investigation Agency officials who foiled Col Joseph bid to leave the country and it must also be investigated as to why and for what objective the U.S. military plane was allowed to land at the airbase.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to brief reporters.
In what the Times described as retaliation, Pakistan placed travel restrictions on U.S. diplomats based in the country in a sign of worsening relations between the two countries.
He was reportedly sloshed while driving the white Land Cruiser that hit three motorcyclists at a traffic signal.
Islamabad's high court, noting that Hall did not have full diplomatic immunity, had directed the government to decide whether to add his name to a travel ban list. One of the riders was dead, while the other two were critically wounded, who were taken to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS).
The authorities in Pakistan have prevented American Diplomat Colonel Joseph Emanuel Hall, a Defence and Air attache at the US Embassy, involved in a fatal vehicle crash, from flying out of the country on a US military aircraft. A USA military aircraft had been flown in from Afghanistan to spirit him away, but after a stand-off lasting several hours, during which he was briefly detained for questioning, it returned to Bagram airbase.
The Foreign Ministry described the act as a matter of reciprocity, since most foreign diplomats, including US diplomats, are facing travel restrictions here due to security problems, the IANS agency said.
Officials in Islamabad have demanded that the United States waive Hall's diplomatic immunity in order to face trial but so far America has refused.
The measures are likely to strain ties between the two sides. But Washington has long believed it actually shelters the Taliban's leaders, and President Donald Trump has cut off military aid in an effort to pressure Pakistan.
- 46th match (D/N), Indian Premier League at Pune, May 13 2018
- Spanish GP: Lewis Hamilton wins to increase F1 title lead
- Iran's Foreign Minister in China to rescue nuclear deal
- Israel marks opening of United States embassy in Jerusalem amid ongoing protests
- David de Gea: 'This has been my best season at Old Trafford'
- Karnataka registers 72.13 % turnout, better than last election in 2013
- Footage from scene of Offaly light aircraft crash
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' tops North American box office for third weekend
- Spin unseen on TV behind Daniel Ricciardo time loss
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?