Arsenal have been linked with a host of names - Juventus head coach Massimiliano Allegri, Carlo Ancelotti, Liverpool assistant Zeljko Buvac, Luis Enrique, Joachim Low, Patrick Vieira, Mikel Arteta, Thierry Henry, Leonardo Jardim and Julian Nagelsmann among the reported candidates to succeed Wenger in 2018-19.
Meanwhile, Wenger, who has won three Premier League titles and a record-breaking seven FA Cups with Arsenal, is very keen to win the final game of his reign.
Tottenham - who already operate on the smallest budget of the big six Premier League clubs - are thought to have borrowed £400 million to fund a new £1 billion home.
Wenger spoke on a range of topics in front of the assembled press and, answering the question of which result would he change if he could, claimed "the last pain is the biggest one" - referencing his side's Europa League semi final exit to Atletico Madrid last month. Today a guy like Kane, Tottenham can sell him for £100m, maybe more?
"Not really, but we had a day off and I slept a lot to be honest!"
"It will be soon because it is a way for other clubs to fight against the Premier League", Wenger said.
This one has a distinctly end-of-season feel and it might well play out in a drab way, we'll chance a stalemate.
"We had a double handicap".
Wenger who will be celebrating his final Arsenal game on Sunday, grabbed the mic and revealed a European Super League is inevitable. "We had to pay back the debt and had to face the competition where clubs have even more resources than they usually have", the Frenchman said. We were close a few times, but it never happened.
"It will be a discussion between Dean and me and we will take it from there", he said.
'I lived right here for 22 years, my daughter has spent her complete life right here, she goes to school right here.
He added that the years after the club's move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium in 2006 - when he had to manage with restricted budgets - were his most challenging. At the moment I don't at all, because I'm sitting in front of you. I do not know the place London is.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Wedding: Will the Spice Girls perform?
- View from Away: The case for Gina Haspel as CIA director
- Classic Kohli-de Villiers partnership sees Royal Challengers Bangalore overpower Delhi Daredevils
- Worst Mass Shooting In Australia Since 1996: 7 Dead
- EPL: Man United secure second spot after draw at West Ham
- Vasyl Lomachenko knocked out Linares and set a record
- LeBron James: Brad Stevens praise is overblown
- Erdoğan congratulates new Malaysian PM on election win
- Shadab, Ashraf rain on Ireland's parade
- Tristan Thompson discusses new daughter True with Khloe Kardashian: "She's doing good"