One thing that Al Horford is impressed with is just how well Stevens helps with the young guys.
The NBCA Coach of the Year award is different from the NBA Coach of the Year award in that the league's 30 head coaches - as opposed to media members - are the individuals responsible for casting ballots. He's started nine of Boston's 13 games this postseason and is averaging 6.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 20 minutes a game.
In a timeframe that has often already swallowed up most first-time National Basketball Association coaches, he's managed to endear himself to a championship-driven city by helping Boston make an improbable run back to the Eastern Conference finals.
Yet, Boston won 55 games during the regular season and increased its win total for the fifth consecutive season under Stevens.
After leading an injury-ravaged Boston Celtics team back to the Eastern Conference Finals for the second straight season, Brad Stevens is widely being hailed as a cross between the second coming of Red Auerbach and Phil Jackson. Do coaches resent the positive attention Stevens gets, despite his relative lack of tenure?
There were seven other coaches that received at least one vote, outside of Casey. He is the coach of the year. He's also turning out to be a valuable resource for his Boston teammates and coaches as they grind through their playoff run.
Tatum tallied 25 points, Jaylen Brown had 24 and Rozier finished with 17 points for the Celtics, who are 37-0 when taking a 2-0 lead in a play-off series. But, he said his players deserve all the credit.
"I think the job that he's done with Gordon going out, Kyrie going out, I respect how they design their team", Brown said. So while they may believe multiple coaches are worthy, there's only one option.
Stevens was asked about receiving support from two former players. "It's not just this year".
"It's silly", said Stevens.
"From our standpoint, I feel like it's been a lot of fun", he said. We know it will be quite a challenge. I really think he is incredibly deserving.
And though he may never say it, so has their coach.
- Google to roll out 'Take a Break' feature for YouTubers
- Father and mother tortured, neglected 10 children in Fairfield, police say
- Florida impacted by salmonella outbreak traced to eggs sold at Publix, Walmart
- Bolton: 'Regime change' in Iran not policy of Trump administration
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' tops North American box office for third weekend
- Salma Hayek Calls For Reparations For Actresses Who Have Been Underpaid
- Nadal breezes into last 16 in Madrid, but some other seeds fall
- Southampton 0-1 Man City: Saints ease to safety despite loss
- Trump speech "silly and superficial", Iran's Supreme Leader says
- Trump says he's working with China to save ZTE