AMD is touting the 7nm process as offering double the power efficiency, and more than 35% greater performance from the last 14nm transistor process node - although these are the blanket figures from TSMC and GlobalFoundries regarding the two companies entire 7nm portfolios.
AMD also announced four EPYC processor milestones: immediate availability of EPYC processors through Tencent Cloud Services, a new HPE single-socket system, details of its first Cisco UCS server platform, and that the next-generation 7nm EPYC processor, codenamed Rome, will begin sampling in the second half of 2018.
AMD will be launching several new models including a staggering 32-core and 64-threads processor.
The new processors will feature chips with up to 32 physical cores and 64 threads, and are based on the company's 12nm architecture.
AMD showed off the 7nm Vega graphics card within a Cinema4D, and also touched on developments of AMD's very own ray tracing libraries and rendering tech. In comparison, Threadripper 2 will be built on the same TR4 socket, which means existing x399 motherboards will work just fine with it.
Over 400 million PC and console players use AMD's Radeon technology; over ten times as many use Vega GPUs, said Lisa Su, the president and chief executive of AMD, comparing to the company's previous-generation GPUs. However, it turns out that the second-generation Threadripper range runs quite cool.
Unfortunately, most of AMD's graphics presentation was highlighting the past, present and future contributions of partners.
Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) saw its stock advance on Wednesday after the company updated its product road map at the Computex trade show in Taiwan. It will be complemented with an open software ecosystem for machine learning, Wang said. AMD releases a slew of new CPU and GPU options for client compute uses and gaming.
- The 50 Highest-Paid Sports Stars in the World
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid this summer
- Nigeria World Cup kit sells out in minutes, fans queue
- Germany top Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings ahead of World Cup
- Sony's First Pre-E3 PS4 Game Reveal: Tetris Effect
- ASUS takes on Surface Laptop with the new ZenBook S
- Celeb reactions to Kate Spade's death
- French Open 2018: Simona Halep beats Garbine Muguruza to reach final
- Alex Ovechkin of Washington Capitals wins Conn Smythe trophy as playoffs MVP
- UberEats waiving delivery fees in Las Vegas during Knights’ games