Meanwhile, both Bloomberg and longtime Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo previously tipped Apple to release over-the-ear noise-cancelling headphones but noted that the company had dealt with production issues putting them together.
According to this new report from Bloomberg, Apple is planning to release a new high-end version of its popular AirPods earbuds. Apple is even considering adding biometric sensors like a heart rate monitor to future models.
Without a doubt many iPhone users were miffed when back in 2016, Apple chose to ditch the headphone jack.
The report mentions that Apple is working on a follow-up to its HomePod speaker as well, but it does not mention any details about the device beyond the fact that it may arrive "as early as next year".
Bloomberg also reports that the HomePod will be updated as well, but nothing has been said regarding creatures other than Apple is has been discussing internally nether it intends to change suppliers away from Inventec.
Overall, the audio standard and brilliant pairing and charging technologies make AirPods an attractive prospect for Apple fans looking to invest in new wireless headphones for use across the entire product range. Two years later, Apple bought headphone maker and streaming-music company Beats for $3 billion, its largest acquisition.
They're likely to be more expensive than Apple's lineup of Beats-branded headphones.
Apple may launch another version of the HomePod by next year. AirPods 2 may still be coming with features like a new chip (likely W2) and support for hands-free Siri activation, notes today's report. Apple continues to develop and produce audio products under its own brand name, which are sold alongside Beats products. An Apple spokeswoman declined to comment.
- Spain and Portugal Should Win Easily Today
- Mattis Expects N Korea To Return Us Servicemen Remains Soon
- Argentina players celebrate Messi's 31st birthday
- Saudi officers hand out roses to women drivers in historic moment
- Sales tax ruling overturns decision in North Dakota case
- #WC2018: Hernandez nets as Mexico sees off South Korea
- Heather Locklear assaults a Ventura County deputy, again
- Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Jacket
- Cardi B Donates $8000 to Family of Boy Murdered in The Bronx
- AMC Theatres' $20 monthly subscription plan rivals MoviePass