Ramsey, 27, has been with the north London club for a decade since joining as a teenager from Cardiff City in 2008.
As it stands, the Welshman is now out of contract next summer, though should he not sign what's been put on the table, it's likely he will be sold in order for the club to avoid losing him on a free transfer this time next year.
He will find first-team opportunities limited for the immediate future but having the chance to learn from Mesut Ozil is exciting for any young player.
"If there's a structure, Aaron Ramsey could be that guy".
The former Paris Saint-Germain boss was appointed as successor to Arsene Wenger this month, with chief executive Ivan Gazidis describing him as the "ideal person" to take the club forward.
Do you think Arsenal should perhaps be looking to sign more established players? The leader had to be strong and had to be someone who was fierce and fearless.
Emery's clause makes financial sense for Arsenal, who have committed to paying Arsène Wenger's salary for one more year, despite his resignation at the end of last season.
"For the last four or five years, Arsenal went soft, and it's showed in the league standings", he added. However, if things don't work out then the club won't be left out of pocket.
- Baker wins Supreme Court case over gay wedding cake
- Theresa May calls Donald Trump to say his steel tariffs are 'unjustified'
- Apple introduces macOS Mojave with Dark Mode, desktop Stacks and more
- First Saudi women receive driving licences amid crackdown
- China lowers tariffs, rejects USA trade war escalation
- Breast cancer gene test could spare some women chemo
- Trump asserts 'absolute right' to pardon himself
- North Korea replaces top three military officials
- Solo: A Star Wars Story May Lose $50-$80 Million
- Melania Trump makes first official appearance in weeks