Blatter posed for photographs with people on his arrival at a five-star hotel downtown.
It is understood Blatter, who is serving a six-year suspension which brought an end to his reign as president after 17 years in charge, will attend Wednesday's match between Portugal and Morocco.
Blatter who is at the tournament as a guest of Russian President Vladimir Putin admitted that if the tournament is to expand to 48 teams then it would require more than one nation to host it.
"Sepp Blatter, despite now being banned from football, will attend Portugal v Morocco in Moscow tomorrow, his spokesman tells me".
I recently went to check out the fun while visiting Russian Federation for this year's World Cup. "I said why not Ireland?"
This is Blatter's first public appearance outside his native Switzerland since July 2015 when the World Cup qualifying draw was conducted in St. Petersburg.
Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday he did not know whether any meeting had been planned.
"Just four days into the World Cup and we've already reached 1,000,000 spectators at the FIFA Fan Fest".
Blatter is being investigated by Swiss prosecutors for alleged corruption during his 17-year reign at the head of Federation Internationale de Football Association.
Blatter, who was suspended in 2015, also said he felt "abandoned" by Federation Internationale de Football Association and that he should have stepped aside earlier.
- 3 dead in shooting at Swedish Internet cafe
- China's Oppo enters Europe and U.S. phone market with £999 flagship
- Mo Salah scores but Russian Federation thumps Egypt
- Trump lashes out at Canada over trade
- Texas Border Patrol Chase Ends in Crash, 5 Immigrants Killed
- Theresa May suffers setback as justice minister resigns over Brexit policy
- Legalized Weed Just Months Away After Bill C-45 Officially Passes
- REPRT: Chris Paul’s Main Focus Is Recruiting LeBron James to Houston
- 1st boat of Aquarius convoy with 630 migrants docks in Spain
- Spurs' Leonard wants trade to LA