Germany, according to Goldman Sachs' prediction, is only the third most likely champion with a 10.7-percent shot at winning the 2018 World Cup.
U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted after the victory: "Congratulations, - a great deal of hard work!"
"Thank you for all of the compliments on getting the World Cup to come to the U.S.A., Mexico and Canada". In my mind, they are the flawless World Cup team and have a lot to prove after the last World Cup.
Even if Trump were to be elected for a second four-year term in 2020 he would not be in office when the World Cup kicks off in 2026.
Kraft, who became honorary chairman of the United bid last July, worked to obtain US government support and helped gain the support of federations.
Although it will be the first World Cup to be hosted by three countries, most matches will be played in the United States.
The World Cup at Brazil saw a lot of larger-than-life carnivals take place in the month-long tournament.
Morocco's bid leader Moulay Hafid Elalamy says the bid is based on the "fervour for football in the country and the entire African continent" and promises all the host cities will be less than an hour's flight apart.
Delegates had been faced with a clear choice - the joint North American bid boasts modern, established stadiums and well-developed transport links underpinned by Mexican football fervour.
While Mexico has a lengthy football history with a long-established domestic league and has hosted the World Cup twice before - in 1970 and 1986 - the United States is still viewed as an emerging soccer nation.
USA soccer president Carlos Corderio said after his bid's success on Wednesday: "It's a bit emotional for us today".
"And in that spirit we wish all Russian hosts and all the teams competing here the very best of luck".
FIFA's hosting selection process was revamped in the wake of recent scandals enveloping the world governing body of soccer.
Federation Internationale de Football Association now has the final say on which cities are selected to host games and whether all three countries are guaranteed a place at the tournament.
In rating the risk assessment of both bidders, with grades of low-, medium- and high-risk, FIFA's own bid evaluation report gives Morocco three high-risk grades (stadiums, accommodation, and accommodation and transport), 10 medium and seven low.
- Tottenham should move for Russian Federation hero Denis Cheryshev
- Trump on House GOP Immigration Compromise: ‘I Certainly Wouldn’t Sign’ It
- Emery's faces baptism of fire as Arsenal to open against City
- Iceland hold Argentina to 1-1 draw as Messi misses penalty
- How to Watch the 2018 Fifa World Cup Online For Free
- Egypt vs Uruguay: 5 key players that will decide the game
- Kawhi Leonard wants to leave Spurs, Lakers favored
- Afghanistan ready for maiden test against top-ranked India
- Phil Mickelson freestyles hole 13 of US Open Championship
- USA judge sends Trump’s former campaign chief Manafort to jail