Our daughter was our priority.
She walked away from the company in 2007, a year after it was acquired from the Neiman Marcus Group for $125 million (then known as Liz Claiborne Inc.). A housekeeper found her hanging with a red scarf around her neck attached to a doorknob at approximately 10:20 a.m. ET.
Federal health officials said on Thursday that USA suicides had risen by 30% since 1999, and presents a "growing public health problem".
Early reports of Kate's death mentioned a possible note the designer left behind for her daughter - something that, if it exists, should absolutely have been kept confidential by everyone who arrived at the scene.
Andy Spade said he and his wife had chose to take a break and had lived in separate residences for 10 months.
Kate Spade and Robin Williams both pictured in 2006.
Now, the Medical Examiner's Office has released information on Thursday stating that Kate took her own life. "She doted on her daughter", he told the paper.
"Well, I don't know what happened", her father said while recalling a phone conversation they had the night before she died.
Kate Spade had anxiety and depression for years, her husband said.
Andy Spade says his wife had been actively seeking help and treatment for depression and anxiety. We were together for 35 years. I'd like for her to be buried with her mother.
"She was actively seeking help for depression and anxiety over the last five years, seeing a doctor on a regular basis and taking medication for both depression and anxiety", her husband Andy Spade said in a statement carried by The New York Times. She loves spending her time outdoors as much as possible.
Kate Spade's older sister, Reta Saffo, said she and others suspected her sibling was suffering from bipolar disorder, an illness which she would self-medicate with alcohol. They returned to the fashion world in 2016 by founding Frances Valentine, which was partly named after Frances Beatrice. Others cited unnamed fashion industry insiders who claimed Spade had been "drinking a lot" and was dealing with business problems. "We loved each other very much and simply needed a break", Andy Spade added.
If you or someone you know is in emotional distress or considering suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- The 50 Highest-Paid Sports Stars in the World
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid this summer
- Justify arrives for Belmont Stakes, walks shed row
- Alice Marie Johnson Celebrates After Prison Release: ‘I Love You, President Trump’
- England player's family to skip World Cup over racism fears
- Apple aims to get smartphone addiction under control
- Sony's First Pre-E3 PS4 Game Reveal: Tetris Effect
- ASUS takes on Surface Laptop with the new ZenBook S
- 'Didn't You Guys Burn Down White House?': Trump Justifies Tariff War
- Israel to send aid teams to Guatemala following deadly volcanic eruption