O'Donnell did, writing, "her racist comment was childish and beneath her best self", on Twitter on Tuesday. Showing a flair of their own for tongue-in-cheek comedy, Sanofi, the makers of Ambien, released a tweet saying, to their knowledge, racism wasn't a known side effect of taking the drug. Jarrett herself said she hoped it could become a "teaching moment" for America.
ABC might've axed the Roseanne revival because of yesterday's unhinged tweetstorm from the lead actress, but since the show was such a hit among President Donald Trump's fanbase, Michael Caputo - his former aide - apparently won't allow the show to die. "If it hadn't happened yesterday, this season would have been so very bad for everyone every day because she would have felt like she was [being] taken advantage [of], just like when I left the show". The Walt Disney Company is the parent company of ABC and this station. But much of its progress would have been threatened if it looked the other way at Barr's tweet. The White House said Trump was not defending Roseanne Barr's racist tweet about a former Obama adviser but wanted to point out media bias against him.
In other tweets, Barr said that she was exhausted of "being attacked and belittled more than other comedians who have said worse" and asked for people not to boycott ABC, saying that the network has the right to "do what they wish". Most of the press the show received was in regards to Barr's support of Trump, her overt racism, and her disgraceful behavior of sharing lies and conspiracy theories. She criticized Democratic financier George Soros and tweeted that Chelsea Clinton was "Chelsea Soros Clinton", implying she was married to a nephew of Soros.
"Roseanne" had returned to USA screens in March after a 21-year hiatus with Barr's character recast as a Trump supporter in a rare depiction of working class life on the United States small screen. Barr wrote that if the Islamist political movement "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby = vj".
Interested in Roseanne? Add Roseanne as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Roseanne news, video, and analysis from ABC News. According to Variety, Barr was paid $250,000 per episode of the show. "Everybody is still in shock at how quickly this all went down", he said. Goodman said that he would "rather say nothing than to cause more trouble".
There was also CBS' firing of Charlie Sheen from "Two and a Half Men" during his freakish spate of behavior. "Hashtag NOT Winning. The runway is now clear for OUR reboot".
- NFL players weigh sitting out season until Colin Kaepernick is signed
- New Zealand to kill 150000 cows to end bacterial disease | AP business
- Taytulla Birth Control Recalled Amid Concerns It Could Cause Unintended Pregnancies
- Pusha T Says That Photo of Drake in Blackface Is 100% REAL
- Trump gets a lesson in grammar
- Top N Korea official lands in NY for talks with Pompeo
- Kevin Love’s Injury Status Updated Ahead of Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Trump Reportedly Looking to Block German Carmakers from U.S
- Warriors star Steph Curry makes LeBron James Cavs claim before Game 1
- Trump’s visa restrictions aimed at Chinese STEM students to start in June