"You get to comfortable in the attacking half - we got a bit lazy".
"We should be a cohesive team, like a family", said Manchester City striker Jesus, who is set to get the nod ahead of Liverpool's Roberto Firmino as starting No. 9. "He breaks everything down for us and that makes out job easier".
Switzerland coach Vladimir Petkovic described the incident against Miranda as an "ordinary challenge".
"I don't think about that".
Mexico only lost one game in qualifying and have reached at least the second round of every World Cup they have played.
Brazil went all out in pursuit of a victor and came agonisingly close to finding it as Coutinho and Miranda lashed wide from inside the area while Neymar and substitute Roberto Firmino were denied by Swiss goalkeeper Yann Sommer.
One man in the crowd was particularly not shy about showing what he thinks of the U.S. leader, as he was pictured dancing and singing wearing a piggyback-riding Trump costume.
Brazil coach Tite has rebuilt his team since 2014 to ease the burden on star forward Neymar. "We have a ideal defense, which makes our team balanced". But the fact Switzerland had 45% of the ball underlines how they remained competitive throughout.
Roberto Carlos has backed Chelsea winger Willian to be one of the heroes for Brazil at the World Cup. He is also the last player to score a hat trick at the World Cup, against Honduras on June 25, 2014.
Neymar makes his World Cup bow on Sunday as five-time winners Brazil kick off their quest for redemption while defending champions Germany launch their bid for back-to-back titles.
Costa Rica and Serbia are Brazil's other opponents in Group E.
"I'm not surprised with the result", the Bosnian said. Brazil can breathe a country-wide sigh of relief tonight though after the player came through Switzerland's muscular approach relatively unscathed.
Tite must hope the malaise that affected his key player - and, it must be said, many of his team mates - will lift before their next game against Costa Rica in St Petersburg on Friday.
- Apple strikes multi-year deal with Oprah Winfrey to develop original content
- Yussuf Poulsen goal powers Denmark to 1-0 win over Peru
- Trump Renews Defense of North Korea Agreement
- Sen. Collins: Separating Children and Parents 'Contrary to Our Values'
- 5 people die in South Texas pursuit crash involving undocumented immigrants
- Trump Lawyer Giuliani: "President's 'Not Going To Pardon Anybody' â " Yet
- India thrashes debutant Afghanistan in historic Bengaluru Test
- Local concerns after Kansas City police kill 3
- Tent-like shelter for immigrant minors shows flawed policy, Republican says
- Roger Federer wins Mercedes Cup with victory over Milos Raonic