He takes the record from Colombia's Faryd Mondragón, who was 43 in Brazil four years ago.
However, right before the end of the first half and after intense referee deliberation, S. Al-Faraj scored in a penalty shot before another and final shot was secured by S. Al-Dawsari in the last seconds of extra time.
However, the Al-Taawoun goalkeeper could not reproduce his heroics minutes later when Ahmed Fathi sent him the wrong way to score Saudi Arabia's first goal at this year's World Cup.
As 4 minutes were added to the clock, a low drive into the bottom corner from a tight angle by Salem Al Dawsari won the match for Saudi Arabia.
It was Egypt's first goal from open play at a World Cup since 1934 and Salah, who converted a penalty against Russian Federation in their second group game, should have doubled the advantage minutes later.
Egypt's Mohamed Salah during training on June 24, 2018.
El-Hadary has six years on Mexico's Rafael Marquez, who is making his fifth appearance in the World Cup for Mexico - the third player in the World Cup to ever do so - at 39.
He opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when he raced on to Abdallah Said's long pass and kept his cool to lob Saudi goalkeeper Yasser Al-Mosailem.
Egypt ended their World Cup campaign without a single point in three games, as they struggled to match the quality of their group rivals.
Although he gave up the two goals, he also saved a penalty in the first half.
Mohamed El-Shenawy started Egypt's previous two matches.
The Al-Hilal man was key to Saudi Arabia's victory.
And while we are still deep into the first round, a new piece of football history has been made.
- Sales tax ruling overturns decision in North Dakota case
- Apple is developing high-end AirPods, two other enhanced audio accessories
- Cardi B Donates $8000 to Family of Boy Murdered in The Bronx
- Argentina players celebrate Messi's 31st birthday
- Spain and Portugal Should Win Easily Today
- Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Jacket
- Oakland dispensary pulls products over 'Permit Patty' viral video
- Heather Locklear assaults a Ventura County deputy, again
- #WC2018: Hernandez nets as Mexico sees off South Korea
- Trump blasts Harley plan to shift United States production to avoid European Union tariffs