But the former Paris Saint-Germain and Sevilla coach has been given a daunting task at the outset of his reign, with Arsenal kicking off the 2018-19 season at home to Pep Guardiola's champions on the weekend beginning August 11 before then travelling to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea a week later. Arsenal and Chelsea only announced a preseason friendly in Dublin for August 1 on Wednesday, and they will meet again in the league just 17 days later.
According to The Times, Mourinho is upset that Jurgen Klopp's side have been awarded six home games after each of their Champions League group games.
Chelsea, who remain in a state of flux with question marks over their owner, manager and star players, have been handed a low-key start to the season, aside from the early meeting with Arsenal. And they will make a quick return to Wembley, after winning the playoff final against Aston Villa last month, with their first away game being at Spurs on the second weekend.
The north London club say their first game in their new stadium will be against Liverpool on the weekend of Sept 15-16.
Football fans always look to see the fixtures over the Christmas and New Year period, with a home game against Crystal Palace (22) followed by away fixtures to Leicester City (26) and Southampton (29).
Championship winners Wolverhampton Wanderers will mark their return to the top division for the first time since 2012 against Marco Silva's Everton at Molineux. Those games are in between two Champions League fixtures and an worldwide break.
Manchester United manager José Mourinho is reportedly far from happy with what he perceives as an unfair advantage for bitter rivals Liverpool in next season's Premier League fixture list.
After our mid-March trip to United, City's remaining seven opponents include two of the newly-promoted sides and just one side who finished in the 2017/18 top six - Tottenham, who will visit the Etihad Stadium on 20 April.
- Taxi runs into crowd in central Moscow, injuring eight
- Meghan Markle opts for Givenchy for day out with Queen
- Phil Mickelson freestyles hole 13 of US Open Championship
- Sylvester Stallone Under Investigation By Los Angeles Sex Crimes Task Force
- Putin Invites Kim Jong UN to Russian Federation
- Cristiano Ronaldo reaches deal with Spanish authorities in tax-evasion case
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company gets Chicago airport loop contract
- IOS 12 will block police hacking tools - Apple
- Telltale is working on a Stranger Things game
- Premier League fixtures: Arsenal stars react to Tottenham fixtures