Since taking the mode offline, Epic Games has been giving regular updates on their official Twitter account, a reddit thread, and their website, but have offered no prediction for when the mode will be brought back online.
Fortnite has ditched the Final Fight rules variant for larger team battles and gone back to 50v50.
Despite only being available in the game for a couple of days, Epic says it chose to disable Final Fight after listening to the community's feelings on the mode.
We'll update you with any additional information on Monday, July 2.
Epic Games' newest experiment - Playground Mode - went up briefly earlier this week before being taken down thanks to continued errors with matchmaking and logins for players.
"We know you're eager to get out there but due to this, we'll be unable to release this game mode tonight".
Now, in-game announcements for the Battle Royale mode for Fortnite are teasing another big event with the 'Blast Off!' tag, lending credence to weeks of rumours that this season will culminate with the launch of some kind of missile.
The news comes after Epic Games confirmed the season 5 start date.
Why is Fortnite Playground down?
The duo suggest that the season will end with an interesting limited time game mode. The other team has to take down the Leviathan before it's too late.
- Suarez Says Rivalry With Ronaldo Different When Playing for Uruguay, Barcelona
- Canada hits U.S. with retaliatory tariffs on metals, whiskey, maple syrup
- If LeBron leaves, TUMS will give away heartburn meds to Cavs fans
- Rupee tumbles below Modi’s age, Congress mocks PM for free fall
- The OnePlus 7 Might Come With 5G support
- Joachim Low criticizes Ozil after Germany exit
- 'Soft hotel mattress' blamed for Brazilian's World Cup injury
- Triple H opens WWE Performance Center doors to Toys R Us mascot
- Vigil, Services Honor Capital Gazette Shooting Victims
- Rs 100 Cr Weekend for Ranbir Kapoor’s Sanju??