The new duties also include other categories of imported goods including various types of corn, rice, orange juice, cigarettes, cigars, T-shirts, cosmetics, boats, and steel, Bloomberg notes.
Announcing the European response, which will target £2.4billion (€2.8bn) worth of United States products, Ms Malmstrom said Brussels had no choice but to fight back.
The European Union will begin charging import duties of 25 percent on a range of US products on Friday, in response to U.S tariffs imposed on EU steel and aluminum early this month, the European Commission said on Wednesday.
The European Union will roll out a range of retaliatory tariffs against USA exports on Friday, targeting items such as American blue jeans, bourbon and motorbikes.
"We did not want to be in this position", European Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom said in a statement on Wednesday. She called the EU's response "measured, proportionate and fully in line with WTO rules".
The firms called for all tariffs to end, on both the European Union and U.S. side, to boost free but also fair trade across the Atlantic, passing the message to the U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell.
The trade battles have raised the spectre of an escalating global trade war, spooking financial markets that fear major consequences to the world economy.
"The United States has initiated a trade war and violated market regulations, and is harming the interests of not just the people of China and the USA, but of the world".
- Bithumb Hacked Second Time in a Year. Hackers Steal $31 Million
- Microsoft buys student video discussion platform Flipgrid
- Trump Signs Order to End Family Separation Policy
- Diego Costa digs Spain's escape route against gutsy Iran to level Portugal
- Trump to sign decree to end migrant family separations
- US Senate approves bill reinstating ban on ZTE
- PUBG reaches 400 million players, sells over 50 million copies
- Russia 2018, Group C: France vs Australia match highlights
- Palace says UK's Prince Louis to be christened July 9
- 99.6% of Iceland's TV viewers watched Argentina draw