Joao Castelo-Branco shares his thoughts on Brazil's statement that Neymar was given permission to leave training after he limped out of the session. "I haven't talked to him", Coutinho told reporters when asked about the 26-year-old leaving the open training session.
Neymar returned and scored in World Cup warm-up friendly wins against Croatia and Austria but Tite admitted it could take up to five games for his star forward to be back to his best.
Neymar was fouled 10 times, more than any player in a single World Cup match since Alan Shearer 20 years ago, and provoked Switzerland's three yellow cards for Stephan Lichtsteiner, Fabian Schaer and Valon Behrami.
Brazil media officer Vinicius Rodrigues has since stressed the issue was not associated with Neymar's foot as he highlighted the rough treatment the forward received against Switzerland.
FOX's cameras spotted Neymar walking off the training field under some pain.
It was a strike fit to win any match, and Costa Rica could not find a way back into the game.
Rodrigues confirmed the problem concerned the Paris Saint-Germain star´s ankle and not the foot he fractured in February, an injury that required surgery and forced him to miss the rest of the club campaign. This was a recovery session for the starters. "He complained of pain and so he went to physio and he will train normally tomorrow". One or another player will have a highlight here or there but collective is important. They usually play as a team and I was confident that they couldn't lose.
Earlier, Philippe Coutinho said that Brazil played well and the coach Titus was dissatisfied with the performance.
The South Americans have also topped their group in every single World Cup since 1982, whereas Switzerland have topped their group only once previously at the World Cup, it was in 2006. When he plays for us, it's a huge help.
- Prince Louis's christening: Kensington Palace names the date
- Kim meets Xi in Beijing after S'pore summit
- Eva Longoria gives birth to first child at 43
- Diego Costa digs Spain's escape route against gutsy Iran to level Portugal
- Trump Signs Order to End Family Separation Policy
- Bithumb Hacked Second Time in a Year. Hackers Steal $31 Million
- The new cover of TIME forces Donald Trump to face immigrant children
- Russia 2018, Group C: France vs Australia match highlights
- Trump to sign decree to end migrant family separations
- 99.6% of Iceland's TV viewers watched Argentina draw