Egypt are appearing in their first World Cup since Italy in 1990‚ a staggering statistic when you think how they dominated African football at both club and country level in-between‚ especially in the early part of this century.
Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers will take charge of Egypt's opening World Cup clash against Uruguay on Friday, world governing body Federation Internationale de Football Association announced on Wednesday.
Salah was a doubt heading into this summer's tournament after injuring his shoulder in Liverpool's Champions League final loss to Real Madrid last month.
Egypt will be in Group A with Russia, Saudi Arabia and Uruguay.
Hindustan Times, owned by HT Media Ltd, is one of India's largest publications that provides unbiased news, analysis and features on politics, sports, entertainment, lifestyle and more.
But Cuper told reporters, "I can nearly 100 per cent say he will play, save for any unforeseen factors at the last minute".
Cuper said Salah was "doing very well" and had recovered "very, very quickly".
Former Egypt worldwide Mido, however, said he expects Salah to play in the opening match in Yekaterinburg.
"If we see at the last minute that there is an issue then we will see if it can be resolved, but certainly he does not feel afraid".
"Moments later, I also thought about the possibility of not playing in the World Cup and that was a devastating thought". I know him very well, and I'm sure he's not afraid.
Salah injured his left shoulder on May 26 in the Champions League final.
"I like the best players to play, I train with the best and I want the best players to play", said Muslera.
"We are all very optimistic that he will be on the pitch".
Defender Jose Maria Gimenez said the Egypt game was the "most important" as it would set the tone for the rest of the tournament.
- Premier League fixtures: Arsenal stars react to Tottenham fixtures
- FIFA World Cup starts with colourful ceremony
- IOS 12 will block police hacking tools - Apple
- UAE moon sighting committee will meet tonight to announce Eid
- [US-NK Summit] How can we measure success of Trump-Kim summit?
- Putin Invites Kim Jong UN to Russian Federation
- Sylvester Stallone Under Investigation By Los Angeles Sex Crimes Task Force
- Woman who got stuck in tailpipe answers the obvious question
- Italy, Malta must allow disembarkation of stranded migrants
- Telltale is working on a Stranger Things game