Music In Stories will be available in select countries, with a global rollout to follow in the future.
Instagram included some filters that will help you choose the right music for your Stories, so you'll be able to search by mood, genre or what's popular. There's no mention of how many tracks there are to choose from, or how they're sourced, but more will be added on a daily basis, so there should be plenty to choose from.
Users can also pre-select a song before recording a video, which then plays in the background while the clip is being recorded. This resolves a common user complaint regarding the inability to record an Instagram story while playing music from another app.
Music can also be added after the fact by using a new sticker. Friends and family who view your story will get to hear the song along with the image and the video. A sticker will tell them the song title and artist name.
The feature is now available only in a few selected countries and Instagram is working towards launching the feature in more countries. The almost two-year-old feature now boasts 400 million daily users, the company announced on Thursday.
- Cahill warns England against looking too far ahead
- LeBron James declines option, will become free agent
- Joshua given ultimatum to fight Povetkin or risk losing WBA title
- Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon team up after Trump's 'no talent' comments
- Facebook hangs up its drone-building project
- India should rethink relationship with Iran: US Ambassador Nikki Haley
- Putin meets Trump's national security adviser John Bolton
- Akash Ambani-Shloka Mehta pre-engagement party: The couple looks every bit regal
- Twitter user: Foolishness killed those that died in Otedola bridge tanker accident
- Drake Admits to Fathering a Son in Tracks on New Album Scorpion