Apart from praising Donald Trump, the retired National Basketball Association legend took a jab at former president Barack Obama, who did not give him "the time of the day".
North Korea and the United States should commit to avoid antagonizing each other and take legal, institutional steps to guarantee it, Kim said according to a report by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).
For the most part, experts agreed that Trump made more significant concessions than Kim; that North Korea has committed to denuclearization before and not followed through; and that even a weak agreement is better than war.
Trump has said the US and South Korea should stop their joint military exercises as long as both sides are negotiating in good faith, which the president says is happening.
Rodman said: "It's a great day".
Rodman said he was oblivious to the horrors of the communist dictatorship when he first visited North Korea. "I still kept going back". "I just thought I was going to play basketball and just treat the people and be happy and that was it".
Rodman also traveled to Singapore for the diplomatic talks, which his agent, Darren Prince, previously confirmed to CNN. "For a guy who has heavily criticized the Iran deal and previous agreements with North Korea, Trump's big achievement amounts to much less than those previous agreements".
Rodman - who referred to Sanders as "Trump's secretary" in a teary CNN interview - thanked the senior White House official and asked for a presidential shout out.
Dennis Rodman's attempt at a marketing stunt for PotCoin may not work in the cryptocurrency's favour as was shown after his trip in 2017 when the digital currency's value plummeted by 23 percent.
However, he said, every time he has met Mr Kim, it has been a surprise, so maybe he would be surprised again on Tuesday. Last year, he left North Korea wearing an "Ambassador Rodman" T-shirt.
China has signed up for increasingly tough United Nations sanctions against its isolated neighbour following Pyongyang's repeated nuclear and missile tests, but has always said sanctions should be accompanied by talks for a political resolution.
- Trump's ZTE deal challenged by Senate
- Meghan Markle's wedding dress 'last moment' to reflect her 'human side'
- Angelina Jolie Could Lose Physical Custody of Kids to Brad Pitt
- Proposal to split California into 3 states will be on November ballot
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Officially Passes $2 Billion at the Box Office
- Fed raises rates, Powell talks future plans
- Sanford acknowledges expected loss to challenger Arrington in 1st congressional district race
- USMNT, United Bid receive major lift with 2026 World Cup approval
- AT&T wins court approval to buy Time Warner for $85 billion
- 'Wonder Woman 1984' Is Filming As First Image Reveals Chris Pine's Return