All eyes will be on Milinkovic-Savic on Sunday as he looks to give Serbia the flawless start to their World Cup campaign and perhaps adding several more million onto his transfer fee in the close season.
If you held a gun to my head I think the match could go the way of Costa Rica, but it is going to be a tight match and one I think is going to go either way!
Krstajic, a former Serbian worldwide defender, has called on plenty of experience, though, with former Chelsea centre-back Branislav Ivanovic, Roma defender Aleksandar Kolarov and Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic all starting. Keylor Navas, the Costa Rica goalkeeper who plays for Real Madrid, stretched but couldn't stop the swerving ball.
They famously reached the quarter-finals four years ago, although Oviedo missed out due to a long-term injury, after topping a group that included England, Italy and Uruguay.
Calvo sent a low strike wide as Costa Rica threatened again before Nemanja Matic and Luka Milivojevic combined to find Milinkovic-Savic, whose overhead kick was saved by Navas with the flag up in any case.
With three points in their kitty from the first match of the group, Serbia will aim to improve their form ahead of sterner tests against Brazil and Switzerland.
Navas got a fingertip to push away Dusan Tadic's cross-shot, while Mitrovic twice failed to make the most of Milinkovic-Savic assists.
"Maybe we have lost a certain margin for qualifying", he said.
Serbia will lock horns with Costa Rica in the opening encounter of Group B today at Samara Arena.
The Manchester United man was a driving force in the heart of Serbia's 5-man midfield. "I'm ready to play in the World Cup".
He challenged Navas in the 27th minute from just outside the box, but Navas fell on the ball.
- Mo Salah scores but Russian Federation thumps Egypt
- 3 dead in shooting at Swedish Internet cafe
- Two Koreas agree to field unified teams for Asian Games
- REPRT: Chris Paul’s Main Focus Is Recruiting LeBron James to Houston
- Trump lashes out at Canada over trade
- Brazil need solutions after coming unstuck against Swiss
- Cristiano Ronaldo broke another record with his goal against Morocco
- Merkel says climate change is ‘a fact,’ laments US stance
- Starbucks provides weak sales outlook, will close 150 stores
- 1st boat of Aquarius convoy with 630 migrants docks in Spain