It is also Cooper's first feature film as director, as well as Lady Gaga's first significant film acting role.
In the first trailer for new movie, we see Cooper's character Jackson Maine singing onstage and struggling with alcoholism. But it wasn't until Lady Gaga boarded the star-making vehicle in 2016 that the anticipation really started to build.
It doesn't help that the female lead in this remake is so much more talented musically than the man who is attempting to "save" her. This time, Lady Gaga, without much makeup, plays Ally, the shy chanteuse who initially doesn't believe in her own talent or beauty. Cooper filmed his performance scenes during his visit to Glastonbury in 2017. 'I just don't feel comfortable. In addition to playing Ally, Gaga performs original songs in the film, which she wrote with Cooper and a handful of artists, including Lukas Nelson, Jason Isbell and Mark Ronson. "Nearly every single person has told me they like the way I sounded but they didn't like the way I look", Ally says after Jackson approaches her to inquire about her talents.
"I think you're handsome", Cooper's character responded. Also joining the cast are Dave Chappelle, Sam Elliott, and Andrew Dice Clay.
If this whole movie is some variation of Cooper constantly reminding LADY FREAKING GAGA that she is attractive and talented, count me out.
Gaga took to Instagram Wednesday morning to share stunning black-and-white images from the film, which is set to be released October 5.
A Star Is Born is a story that has been told on screen a few times - to Oscar-winning effect in 1976 - and the latest version has been stuck in development limbo for years.
- Barcelona president: 'Samuel Umtiti release clause set at £438m'
- 5.5-magnitude quake reported beneath Hawaii's exploding Mt. Kilauea
- Mueller accuses Paul Manafort, ex-Trump campaign manager, of witness tampering
- Curry shows way in NBA Finals MVP race
- Rafael Nadal in big trouble before rain delay at French Open
- Elon Musk remains chairman of Tesla's board of directors
- Melania Trump expected to attend Monday event
- Trump can probably pardon himself, but has no plan to -Giuliani
- Netanyahu on European mission to dismantle Iran pact
- Arsenal schedule meeting with Man United contract rebel Marouane Fellaini