There appears to be no logical reason behind Griezmann delaying the announcement of a new deal, if he is to stay at Atletico, and it would now be more surprising if the forward doesn't switch clubs this summer.
"The French International is concentrated with his national team in Russian Federation to play the 2018 FIFA World Cup that will take place the next Thursday, 14th of July".
The winger is rated at around £65m but Arsenal did bid £90m on transfer deadline day last summer as they looked to push through a late deal.
The Catalan giants have been heavily linked with the 27-year-old over the past few months, but it has now been claimed that Los Rojiblancos have done enough to persuade him to stay.
Griezmann worked actively to bring Lemar to Atletico and is excited to play with him, sources said before the agreement was announced.
France coach Didier Deschamps prohibits players from undergoing negotiations during tournaments, pushing Griezmann towards making a decision.
After scoring nine times in Ligue 1 as Monaco won the title a year ago, he scored three goals and added 10 assists in all competitions this past season.
- Trump doubles down on criticism of EU, Canada
- In eye of storm, scant news of Trump summit in North Korea
- SEAS' Gordon Keith has a plan to slash costs of CO2 capture
- Net Neutrality Has Been Rolled Back - But It's Not Dead Yet
- White House takes up fight against 'back-stabbing' Trudeau
- IHOP changes name to IHOB, internet has a lot of fun
- FIFA bans Ghana football boss for 90 days
- G-7 summit with Trump was a ‘sobering’ experience, Merkel says
- Microsoft acquires a whole bunch of game studios
- Grandmother Put Children in Dog Kennels to Travel, Police Say