Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp expressed his excitement about the arrival of Fabinho, who has been capped four times for Brazil.
Fabinho spent two seasons on loan at Monaco from Portuguese club Rio Ave before making a permanent move to the principality in May 2015.
The 24-year-old has even admitted that his global team-mate had a big role to play in his decision to move to Liverpool.
Germany midfielder Emre Can is set to leave Anfield at the end of his contract and been strongly linked with a move to Italian champions Juventus.
Speculation about a number of goalkeepers has increased following Karius' high-profile errors in Kiev.
While Fekir is still talking about the prospect of leaving Champions League-bound Lyon, he has said that any transfer to Liverpool is no formality and that there are still several clubs in the running for his signature.
They reportedly made a move last summer and while Liverpool fans will point to the fact they got him first, United have probably turned their attention to fellow Brazilian midfielder Fred.
"He is tactically very strong and football smart".
An added bonus is Fabinho's ability from the penalty spot - he scored five penalties last season. However, Deschamps handed a fifth cap to Benjamin Mendy, the Manchester City left-back who has hardly played since suffering a serious knee injury at the beginning of the campaign.
- Kardashian West Visits White House Seeking Freedom For A Grandmother Serving Life
- Controversy Roseanne Barr Forgives Costars Sara Gilbert, Michael Fishman
- Trump gets a lesson in grammar
- Singapore to feel loss of high-speed rail link keenly
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry heading to Canada for honeymoon
- Trump Reportedly Looking to Block German Carmakers from U.S
- Xiaomi Mi 8 launched: "6.21" flagship with vertical dual-lens camera
- Man Utd Close To Sign Fred From Shakhtar Donetsk
- Sears closing 72 more stores; 2 in Tampa
- Top N Korea official lands in NY for talks with Pompeo