The two clubs had agreed terms for a £48 million transfer, rising in add-ons, but since Friday there has been speculation that Fekir either failed a medical or the Reds wanted a second opinion on a knee injury suffered more than two years ago.
"It's under negotiation, I think it will be done".
"I spent a quarter of an hour with him this morning (Saturday), and his main focus is France".
Steve Nicol, former Liverpool defender, believes that the Reds can still complete deal this summer, with it his view that where there is a will, there is a way. He's in good spirits.
Now we must wait and see if Liverpool and Klopp go back in for a player they have coveted so much.
"It's always like that when you talk about a transfer. It's part of the game", he said.
Fekir's transfer saga has been a long one, with Lyon recently denying any deal would happen before the World Cup, that starts next week, before rumours emerged that a deal could be completed by the end of this week.
"It would be better for him, but he's not perturbed", he said of the No.10.
The 20-year-old Reds attacker enjoyed a fruitful temporary spell in Belgium with Royal Excel Mouscron last season, netting 11 goals across all competitions.
Fekir is shifting his focus away from his future, and has now flown out to Russian Federation with the France squad. The Brazilian superstar moved to Barcelona for a fee of €120m, which, in turn, allowed Liverpool to splash the cash on Fekir this summer.
This is a huge blow for Liverpool, as adding Fekir to a midfield three that now includes both Naby Keita and Fabinho would have made them immediate title contenders.
The France worldwide looked all set to complete his eagerly-anticipated switch to Merseyside over the weekend before the Ligue 1 outfit pulled the plug on Saturday evening.
- Twitter reacts to news of Anthony Bourdain’s death
- Lebron James Noncommittal About Return To Cleveland
- Trump's top economic adviser accuses Trudeau of backstabbing after G7
- Yahoo Messenger Shuts Down, Directs Users To Group Messaging App ‘Squirrel’
- Lewis Hamilton slates F1 chiefs after disappointing Canadian Grand Prix showing
- Battlefield 5 will feature a battle-royale mode
- Hamilton says getting record-tying seventh Canada GP win may be tougher
- Hundreds Hurt in Gaza Protest, Including 80 by Israeli Fire
- Romero misses weight for UFC 225 main event
- EA reveals Unravel Two and Sea of Solitude under its Originals label