"Leo has played as well as he could, but it is hard to solve the problems of your peers - and I should know".
The two-time winners have started the tournament poorly and now sit bottom of their group, having picked up just a single point from their opening two games. "The next day, as a coach, all I thought about was winning", Sampaoli said.
The 1986 World Cup victor described himself as "furious and upset" and lashed out at the Argentina Football Association President Claudio Tapia as the "guilty party" after Thursday's result.
Whenever I looked around the Argentina dressing room before a game, I was always had the confidence I had the best player in the world on my team.
Two of his strikes came against Romania in Cameroon's second fixture and two more goals against Colombia in the last 16 round to ensure Cameroon, progressed to the quarter-finals.
There have been claims of a revolt in the Argentina camp since the 3-0 defeat to Croatia, following the 1-1 draw with Iceland, and there is talk that Messi, and Sergio Aguero, could retire from the national team after the tournament.
The victory has now put Nigeria second on the table with three points behind Croatia with six points from two matches, while Argentina and Iceland are having one point each. "Were it not for CSKA, I would not have been in the World Cup". "He didn't get a lot of balls from centre from midfield. It's what he wants the most", said Celia Cuccittini. "We have to take on board what happened to us, the point where we are now and we have to be aware tomorrow is the first of five matches that will take us to the final".
Denmark will advance with a draw but a defeat, paired with an Australia win against Peru, could send them packing.
He said, "The best role that fits a player is the position the coach decides for him".
"I'm not going to stop believing in them". Wins for Iceland and Argentina means tiebreakers between those two sides.
- #WC2018: Hernandez nets as Mexico sees off South Korea
- Tearful Neymar is a joyful boy, says Jesus
- Rockets' Harden wins Most Valuable Player Award
- World Cup Fans Clean Up After Themselves
- Argentina players celebrate Messi's 31st birthday
- Apple is developing high-end AirPods, two other enhanced audio accessories
- Spain snatches draw with Morocco to top group
- Prince William adorably recreates Kate Middleton childhood photo
- SCOTUS won't hear case of Washington florist who refused same-sex wedding
- Egypt say Salah to play against Saudis in both sides' final game