Microsoft were consistently pull out shocks and nice surprises, including a trio of new Gears games. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine. Halo Infinite will continue Master Chief's journey past Halo 5 and should round out the Reclaimer Trilogy. While the new trailer we got the chance to see looks lovely, there's no doubt Xbox One X owners should be excited to see the game running in 4K.
"The same team that delivered unprecedented performance with Xbox One X is deep into architecting the next Xbox consoles, where we will once again deliver on our commitment to set the benchmark for console gaming". That game is still to be published by Gearbox, however this will change their future work. One of the first battle royale games, "Battlegrounds" is adding new environments and game modes, including a team-based "war mode".
Microsoft's cloud engineers are now working on a new game streaming network, which Spencer says will allow for "console quality gaming on any device", including mobile devices. We might see more from EA, Ubisoft, and Activision in addition to whatever Microsoft has cooking behind the scenes.
Also of note was Microsoft's pledge to make games ready to play far quicker with Fast Start, which actually seems to align with the console's initial plans for nearly immediate play. It is coming out in 2019.
Also part of Microsoft's plans for gaming is building an industry leading, first party organization.
Halo Infinite is described as Master Chief's greatest adventure yet to save humanity.
Microsoft has been working on game streaming technology for several years now.
- Trump doubles down on criticism of EU, Canada
- The 'trend' that is troubling the US
- North Korea says it will discuss "denuclearization" on Korean peninsula with US
- Anthony Bourdain dead: French prosecutor confirms ‘no evidence of foul play’
- ‘Fallout 76’ Will Be ‘Entirely Online,’ Releases November
- Rafael Nadal lifts record 11th French Open title
- Mueller unveils new charges in Russian Federation probe
- Intelligence Committee Staffer Indicted
- Kingdom Hearts III Release Date Officially Set for 2019!
- Prince Harry and Meghan to visit Australia in October for Invictus Games