The partnership announcement comes alongside the announcement of Forza Horizon 4, a new title in the series. Microsoft also is forming a new studio called The Initiative in Santa Monica, Calif., to be headed by industry veteran Darrell Gallagher. Speaking with major Korean gaming outlet, GameMeca, Hinton claims engineers are aiming to announce the console "next year".
Playground Games. Microsoft has acquired United Kingdom -based Playground Games, a development partner since 2010 that has helped grow the "Forza" franchise to new heights.
At Microsoft's press briefing during this year's E3, Turn 10 Studios and Playground Games revealed that the next iteration of its open-world racing game, Forza Horizon 4, would be coming in just a few months.
They also delivered in a big way in terms of third-party premieres, which may not seem that important on paper, but it shows a willing from Microsoft to push the Xbox One forward as the platform, especially with the X's added power.
If you're a gamer, there are a lot of reasons to get excited about E3 as some big titles were announced in recent hours.
Last week, Ubisoft founder Yves Guillemot said that the ability to play games on essentially anything with a display by streaming the game from a server was going to reshape the entire face of gaming. Microsoft says that you will, on average, be able to jump into your new game twice as fast as you did previously on the same net connection.
"We will join Master Chief on his greatest adventure yet to save humanity", said Xbox chief Phil Spencer following the trailer. But clearly Microsoft thinks there is still something on it. But the company continues to put more resources into the Xbox consoles and its gaming business overall.
PUBG is now getting a "War Mode" and a new map for the Xbox One this year.
He said that Microsoft was recommitting and harnessing the full breath of the company to deliver on the future of play. We are thrilled to welcome five new studios into the Microsoft family.
Developer Playground Games has also introduced the concept of dynamic seasons into this latest installment, which not only changes the environment throughout the game but also affects how the cars perform depending on the season.
- USA president, North Korean leader reach Capella Hotel at Sentosa Island
- Fight against Terrorism Remains Priority for Cooperation within SCO: Putin
- White House takes up fight against 'back-stabbing' Trudeau
- Net Neutrality Has Been Rolled Back - But It's Not Dead Yet
- Tesla's next software update will add fully self-driving features
- Trump ‘can’t jump ahead’ in North Korea negotiations: Leon Panetta
- Italy prepares Spanish migrant convoy, faces French criticism
- Liverpool target Thomas Lemar set to sign for Atletico
- Trump responds to viral G-7 photo
- Grandmother Put Children in Dog Kennels to Travel, Police Say