It was followed by two goals in a three-minute spell from Denis Cheryshev and Artem Dzyuba around the hour mark as Russian Federation took their tournament goal tally to eight in two games. Dan Ashby has the latest from the World Cup. Fubo TV also offers three days of auto recording and 30 hours of Cloud DVR service in case you're busy at work for the Russia Egypt soccer game.
On the other side, Russian Federation winger Denis Cheryshev has promoted to the starting lineup after scoring twice as a substitute in Thursday's tournament-opening 5-0 win over Saudi Arabia.
Entering this World Cup, the fitness of Liverpool and Egypt star Mo Salah was news topic 1A (1b was the Spain manager upheaval and subsequent drama).
"We created a lot of chances, maybe without playing so well, but the Egypt goalkeeper [had a great game] and in a moment we all fell into the feeling that the ball did not want to enter [the net]".
"Thank God that I could score three goals in two games, but my aim is just to help the team", said Cheryshev, who plays as a winger for Villarreal said.
He misses the first game of the World Cup.
Yet they know they have pretty much sealed their passage out of Group A and are set to play in the knockout stage for the first time since 1986. "The only thing I can be sad for is I would have liked to have seen him present at the training ground with the team".
"We've done something historic but the tournament isn't over", he said. "But it's not what he would have wanted, what he would have dreamed of, what he's worked so hard for", said football correspondent Melissa Reddy on The JOE World Cup Minipod on Tuesday night.
Their final game comes against Saudi Arabia on June 25, and after that he will be given an extended break before returning for pre-season.
There was a psychological boost to be gained too, as Egyptian fans, draped in flags and coated in face paint, bounced and cheered whenever Salah's face appeared on the big screen.
It took 40 minutes for the Premier League's Golden Boot victor to have an attempt on goal as the ball fell kindly on the edge of the area, but even on his favoured left foot his effort curled beyond Igor Akinfeev's far post.
- 3 dead in shooting at Swedish Internet cafe
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead in Florida
- Melania Trump 'hates to see' families separated at border
- BJP quits government in Jammu and Kashmir, ends alliance with PDP
- Spurs fan burns Kawhi Leonard jersey
- ‘Minor setback’ can be good for Germany, says former captain Philipp Lahm
- Sessions: Build a Wall to End 'Terrible Choice' of Separating Families
- Plane carrying Saudi Arabia's World Cup team catches fire
- Ronaldo's early opener knocks out Morocco
- Legalized Weed Just Months Away After Bill C-45 Officially Passes