"We're France, we are all France players, we're all fighting for our country and the fans there and we produced a very good performance". It was just a rehearsal for a similar move after the break, when the Barcelona striker this time curled another attractive shot into the top corner.
"We showed that we can be fast and create a lot of chances", said France manager Didier Deschamps.
The 25-year-old French midfielder, who has just completed a second campaign with Manchester United following his return in 2016, is preparing to take part in a third major tournament with Les Bleus. If we had been more efficient we could have been at ease a bit earlier.
He said he understands why former Italy coach Antonio Conte didn't use him _ "I wasn't in great form" _ but couldn't see why Gian Piero Ventura never called him up.
If he has made his decision to remain in Madrid, Griezmann's focus will surely now be exclusively on the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation, where he should play a big role for France as they go for glory. "We must work and learn to get close to them, but we're on the right track". We don't expect that from him, only that he rotates the ball and plays for the team.
"We're France, whether we go to Nice, Lyon or Saint-Etienne".
"He has this desire to shine with the French national team".
"Paul had a good game, he worked hard".
"He's a showman and someone who wants to be the centrepiece of what comes out of that team".
"I did not have the pleasure of playing with you, brother, but I had the vast honour to have you as a coach", Benzema wrote on Twitter.
Earlier this week when Balotelli played for Italy for the first time in four years, a banner that read, "My captain is of Italian blood", was draped on a pitch-side wall during a 2-1 win over Saudi Arabia in Switzerland. "Even if it's a friendly nobody likes to lose".
- 5.5-magnitude quake reported beneath Hawaii's exploding Mt. Kilauea
- Sane and Benteke join Man Utd and Barcelona stars left out
- Barcelona president: 'Samuel Umtiti release clause set at £438m'
- Mikel talks England friendly: Why we didn’t play well in first half
- Arsenal schedule meeting with Man United contract rebel Marouane Fellaini
- Solo: A Star Wars Story May Lose $50-$80 Million
- Arsenal put break clause in Unai Emery deal?
- Weinstein faces new rape allegation, suit
- Melania Trump makes first official appearance in weeks
- North Korea replaces top three military officials