Something to look forward to: Respawn is one of several studios with Star Wars games in the works. It takes place "during the dark times when the Jedi are being hunted", between the third and fourth Star Wars films.
Zampella teased that players will step into the shoes of a Jedi on the run. You'll be playing as a Jedi and of course, able to wield a lightsaber.
This announcement comes just a few months after Electronic Arts announced the cancellation of the narrative-focused Star Wars title formally in development at Visceral Games.
Titanfall developer Respawn has been developing a Star Wars game for EA for several years now but for a while, it's been quite vague what the game really was.
It was followed by a brief update on Star Wars: Battlefront 2, which is set to receive a new squad system and a new "large scale multiplayer sandbox experience" which will revolve around capturing command posts and taking out capital ships. There is no word yet on who players will be controlling in the game, but fingers crossed we'll see some familiar faces like Obi-Wan Kenobi (mainly so we can get a Ewan McGregor voice cameo).
Respawn, perhaps best known recently for the Titanfall series, is going to have a small "tidbit" of a presence at E3, according to CEO Vince Zampella.
What's interesting is that the team at Respawn that's working on this new game is being led by God of War 3 Game Director Stig Asmussen.
- One 'rant,' rough talks sour G7 mood in confrontations with Trump
- Democrats avert California debacle, gear up for midterms
- Air France to innovate with intelligent voice recognition with Alexa
- JP Morgan CEO Says He's Not Running for President'
- Sikh soldier wears turban in Queen's official birthday parade
- Back the bill, urges UK's May as Brexit law faces crunch test
- Dominic Thiem Ends Run of Giant-Killer Cecchinato
- US soldiers wounded in Somalia are now in Kenya, military says
- Rumoured Liverpool target Manuel Lanzini suffers major injury
- Two Pruitt Aides Resign as E.P.A. Ethics Questions Continue