After getting her ABC reboot of Roseanne canceled with a racist tweet, Roseanne Barr returned to Twitter on Tuesday night to lash out at co-stars of the show and blame her initial behavior on tweeting under the influence of the sleep drug Ambien.
Channing Dungey, President of ABC Entertainment, condemned Barr's comments, which she called "abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values".
President Trump on Thursday again slammed the CEO of The Walt Disney Company, which owns the ABC network, for placing an apology call to Valerie Jarrett, the target of Roseanne Barr's racist tweet, but not to him.
Barr also asked her followers, which as of early Thursday morning stood at more than 820,000, to help her widen her backing with hopes of making more of an impact. That's who I felt bad for when this whole thing imploded, because I'm like, she put this show together - [star and executive producer] Sara Gilbert - and she was crushing on it, she was really good, showing off what a great actress she is.
Roseanne lost her show after she posted an incendiary tweet which said Jarrett was the byproduct of 'Planet of the Apes and the Muslim Brotherhood'. He said the original tweet "makes alot (sic) more sense then most things".
On his Twitter and Facebook accounts, Moore posted a video from Roseanne's late 1990s talk show, "The Roseanne Show", featuring both Moore and Trump. First, Michael Fishman, who played D.J. Conner on the show, tweeted that Tuesday's chain of events made the day among the hardest in his life. It's a meme that she and thousands of her alt-right fans do.
In a now-deleted message, she wrote: "Guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me".
Arnold also questioned whether Trump was really ever a fan of his former wife or just wanted to take credit for her ratings' success.
She continued: "He said: what were you thinking when you did this?"
ABC had renewed it for a second season until the Jarrett tweet.
- Warriors star Steph Curry makes LeBron James Cavs claim before Game 1
- Singapore to feel loss of high-speed rail link keenly
- Kevin Love’s Injury Status Updated Ahead of Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Canada has to 'fight fire with fire': Reaction to Trump's metals tariffs
- Amazon geoblocks Australia from USA site as tax change kicks in
- Liverpool Transfers: Nabil Fekir Is A "Done Deal" To Merseyside
- Chris Paul Is Reportedly Trying to Recruit LeBron James to Rockets
- China says US accusation of South China Sea militarization 'ridiculous'
- USGS Warning: Do not try to roast marshmallows over erupting Hawaii volcano
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens announces resignation