Wearing a white blanket advertising his status as the sport's 13th Triple Crown victor, Justify walked laps inside the barn before coming outside to greet a slew of cameras.
Like he did in both his Kentucky (G1) and Preakness S. (G1) wins, Justify found his way to the front soon after the start of the Belmont and never looked back, turning away any challenge to take the "Test of the Champion" by almost two lengths.
"He's even more magnificent than I thought he'd be".
Baffert's tied Sunny Jim Fitzsimmons as the only trainer to saddle two Triple Crown winners.
After the horse won its first two races, he knew Justify was an unbelievable raw talent, capable of history.
More than 15 million viewers were watching NBC's Belmont Stakes broadcast on Saturday as NBC Sports' Larry Collmus called the race, finishing with a flourish.
"It's been the longest, quickest journey", a hoarse-sounding Baffert said as light rain fell outside Justify's barn.
Here's a look at horse racing's Triple Crown.
"This horse ran a tremendous race", said Smith, who at 52 is the oldest jockey to win the Triple Crown.
"It baffled me", Mike Repole, Vino Rosso's co-owner, told Daily Racing Form.
Because he raced at 2, though, Seattle Slew is recalled as a relatively slow burn across the racing sky, while Justify has been a red-hot comet. He's the first Triple Crown victor to face that many rivals in the 1 1/2-mile Belmont.
Steve Lewandowski, the New York Gaming Commission steward, said Sunday that there is no plan to talk to Geroux.
Which is why there should be no surprise that the opening quarter-mile of the 150th Belmont Stakes last Saturday has become grist for post-race agita. "He's become a household name and I'm looking forward to his next race as much as [everyone else]".
- AT&T and Time Warner win legal battle, confirming the merger
- E3 2018: No Fortnite PS4 Cross-Play Across Other Console Platforms
- Oil Prices Are Too High
- Storm chances and heat to finish out the weekend
- Angelina Jolie Could Lose Physical Custody of Kids to Brad Pitt
- How anti-Trump hysteria helps the president on North Korea
- Fyre Festival promoter arrested for fraud again
- Dominos Is Filling In Potholes Across America To Save Your Pizza
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey has a Playable Female Protagonist
- Trump Makes Last-Minute Endorsement Against Mark Sanford