But others point out that there would be little good to come from the USA president publicly bashing Kim while attempting diplomacy, and suggest that this is Trump's way of buttering up the brutal dictator.
History offers parallels that sound a note of caution.
In this January 2016 US Air Force handout photo, a US Air Force B-52 Stratofortress from Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, conducts a low-level flight in the vicinity of Osan Air Base, South Korea, in response to provocative action by North Korea.
"We did sanctions and all of the things that you would do". This kind of a face-to-face meeting with a United States president is something that North Koreans have wanted for decades and Kim Jong-un can say he succeeded.
An Ohio coroner said the cause of his death was lack of oxygen and blood to the brain.
'He wants to do the right thing, ' he said of Kim. At a certain point, I really think he's going to do something about it'.
According to the Defense Department's POW/MIA Accounting Agency, more than 7,800 Americans have not been accounted for from the war, and about 5,300 of that total are believed to have been lost in battle in North Korea or buried at prisoner-of-war camps.
"So I think the rhetoric, I hated to do it", he continued.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tweeted that the U.S. negotiating team "delivers for America's swagger".
U.S. Senator Rob Portman of OH said on Tuesday that the day he joined Warmbier's parents to welcome their son home almost a year ago "is a constant reminder to me about the evil nature of this regime".
Warmbier's parents, Fred and Cindy Warmbier said they appreciated Trump's comments.
Beijing's participation in the penalties is a key to keeping them in play against Kim's regime.
Even as it is not easy to map the internal faultlines of Kim's regime, the U.S. did enough to get him to turn up in Singapore. Now, it seems he's admitted that he sometimes "felt foolish" when harshly addressing North Korea and its Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un, but he also felt it was a necessary tactic to unite the two countries. "That's not what you have to do", Trump said.
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Northern light: Macedonia makes name change deal with Greece
- White House takes up fight against 'back-stabbing' Trudeau
- Liverpool target Thomas Lemar set to sign for Atletico
- Kevin Durant Casually Roasted by Warriors GM at Championship Parade
- Grandmother Put Children in Dog Kennels to Travel, Police Say
- USA president, North Korean leader reach Capella Hotel at Sentosa Island
- G-7 summit with Trump was a ‘sobering’ experience, Merkel says
- Microsoft Investing in ‘State of Decay’ Studio Undead Labs
- Justin Trudeau: We won't be pushed around by Trump