CNN, the Washington Post, and other outlets have attacked Pruitt for renting out a condominium owned by lobbyists. She stated, "Administrator Pruitt asked me to reach out to you and see if you might be willing to get a time set up for the two of you to have a meeting".
Hupp recently testified before the House oversight committee that she did many personal tasks for Pruitt, including house-hunting and inquiring about obtaining a used Trump hotel mattress. Perhaps world history. In the middle of April, almost two months ago, CNN put the list of Scott Pruitt scandals at 15.
Pruitt told one news outlet, "My wife is an entrepreneur herself, I love, she loves, we love Chick-fil-A as a franchise of faith, and it's one of the best in the country and that's something we were very excited about".
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) called on Pruitt to resign immediately.
A former EPA official told the outlet that Pruitt prefers food from the high-end grocery store Dean & Deluca and that his favorite snacks include Greek yogurt as well as cookies and other candies. This included enlisting the help of an agency aide to coordinate with Chick-fil-a, a fast food chicken franchise, to help his wife find a job, as first reported by The Washington Post. Federal employees are subject to specific rules created to prevent officials from using their office for personal gain or taking advantage of subordinates. Even White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders could not suppress a wry smile this week when asked during a media briefing about the Environmental Protection Agency administrator's enlistment of an aide to hunt for a secondhand mattress from the Trump International Hotel in Washington.
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is mired in scandals. "And you know, somebody has to say that about you a little bit", Trump said.
President Trump defended Pruitt at an event on Wednesday. She also signed off on $1,560 in custom fountain pens.
Pruitt's statement announcing her resignation called Hupp "a valued member of the EPA team".
Pruitt in appearances before congressional hearings this spring has denied responsibility for any ethical lapses, saying subordinates made those decisions.
- Capitals' suffocating pressure is frustrating Golden Knights
- Nabil Fekir: Liverpool close to £53m deal for Frenchman
- BlackBerry goes back to QWERTY with new KEY2 device
- Trump Meets With Japanese Prime Minister Ahead Of North Korea Summit
- LeBron James: Whoever wins National Basketball Association championship won't want White House invite
- Thiem in third straight Paris semi after beating 'close to quitting' Zverev
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Questions: Roger Summons on finding organic matter on Mars
- Putin tips Russian Federation sanctions to be lifted
- House Republican suggests talk of removing Ryan after dismissing spying claim