Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the fasting month of Ramzan, will be celebrated in Kerala on Friday.
The lunar month of Shawwal will begin with Eid al-Fitr (Eid ul-Fitr), also known as the festival of breaking the fast.
Meanwhile, the Eid moon has been sighted in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and the neighboring countries.
Abu Dhabi will also be marking the first day of Eid Al Fitr with a fireworks display from 9pm on Friday at Abu Dhabi Corniche and Hazza bin Zayed stadium in Al Ain.
The holiday comes after the Muslim holy month of Ramadhan when muslims are called to observe one of the pillars of Islam-fasting.
Here's everything you need to know about Eid al-Fitr, when Eid al-Fitr 2018 is and how to celebrate Eid in the UK.
Sightings of the Shawwal crescent moon should be reported to the nearest court or t the authority of the region's centre in the area where the sighting occurred.
In his statement, King Salman said that he is congratulating Muslims from the vicinity of the Holy Kaaba on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr.
Eid-ul-Fitr, however, has a particular Salat (Islamic prayer) of two units generally offered in an open field or large hall which may be performed only in congregation (Jamm'at).
In most of the states, Eid holiday has been declared on June 15.
The meeting of the committee to sight Shawwal 1439 AH moon was held at Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), and chaired by Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman. When the crescent moon is seen, Eid can begin.
- UNSC to hold emergency session amid assault on Yemen's Hudaida
- Is anything out of reach after historic summit with North Korea?
- Federal Reserve raises interest rates
- 'Wonder Woman 1984' Is Filming As First Image Reveals Chris Pine's Return
- Bauer's Rebel Wilson cut from $4.5m to $600000
- Tottenham confirm first game at new stadium vs Liverpool in September
- Robbie Williams helps kick off World Cup
- Junket tourism
- Net Neutrality Repealed; Local Business Owner Explains What Will Happen Next
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?