Conte took training when some of the Chelsea squad returned for pre-season this week but has always been expected to be replaced this summer.
The breakdown in relationship between Chelsea and former manager Antonio Conte was highlighted in the way his departure was announced.
"I wish you every success in the future".
Several of the first team players at Chelsea have grown frustrated with the former Juventus coach's methods, and the club have taken the decision to move in a new direction.
Like a number of his predecessors, Conte has been dismissed the season after winning a major trophy, pointing to silverware being no guarantee of job security at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea' look set to have a new manager and first summer signing in place in the very near future.
Sarri was replaced by Carlo Ancelotti as Napoli manager last month but remained at the club as a compensation settlement between the 51-year-old and the Serie A club was agreed.
They claim that the deal is now complete, with Gianfranco Zola set to be appointed his assistant.
Sarri is central to Chelsea's 14th change of coach since Roman Abramovich arrived in 2003, although yet again there will be a costly severance payment to the outgoing coach.
Two months after guiding Chelsea to the Premier League title with a seven-point cushion in 2016-17, Conte signed an improved two-year contract at Stamford Bridge.
Piotr Zielinski, Jorginho and Lorenzo Insigne have also flourished with Sarri at the helm.
- Prince Louis christened at intimate service in London
- After many, many hours, Anderson beats Isner in Wimbledon semis
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Leaked in its Official Press Render
- PGA Tour Announces Changes to Season Schedule for 2018
- These are the celebrities hit hardest by account crackdown — Twitter purge
- Man With World's Longest Fingernails Cuts Them After 66yrs
- Wimbledon 2018 quarter-finals
- Man harasses woman over Puerto Rico shirt, says it’s ‘un-American’
- Sacha Baron Cohen fires back at Sarah Palin
- The US has just one Blockbuster left