Daniel Cormier sensationally knocked out Stipe Miocic in the first round to capture the undisputed UFC heavyweight championship of the world and potentially booked himself into a heavyweight title superfight with Brock Lesnar in the process. "I never thought I would fight him, but Brock Lesnar, get your ass in here!"
Cormier grabbed the mic and declared: "You can shove me now and go to sleep later!" I said 'okay, see you Saturday'.
Just days after White declared publicly that McGregor, who is the only fighter in UFC history to best Lesnar's PPV records, won't face any further punishment for his unsafe and life-threatening acts at UFC 223, the news about Lesnar is par for the course. Cormier becomes just the second man in UFC history to hold two belts simultaneously.
Following Cormier's first round victory to capture the heavyweight title on Saturday night, he did call out Lesnar during a post fight interview.
Afterwards, UFC President Dana White confirmed he intends for Cormier's next fight to be a defence of his heavyweight title against Lesnar. Miocic was the most dominant heavyweight champion in the history of the UFC's most tumultuous division, defending his belt a UFC-record three times.
'Do I want to go to war and make so much less money?
As Lesnar left, Cormier had one final thing to say as his family gathered in the center of the Octagon. A smiling Lesnar walked up to Cormier and pushed him, setting off a wild scene.
Lesnar, 40, hasn't fought in the UFC since he defeated Mark Hunt by unanimous decision at UFC 200 in July 2016.
White said that Brock will enter the USADA pool soon, and that he will need to have 6 months of clean testing before he can fight again.
Shortly thereafter Lesnar "retired" from MMA, leaving his USADA suspension half-completed. I don't know what's going to happen.
- Syrian troops celebrate recapture of border crossing
- Labor Department Announces an Increase in US Jobs By 213,000
- Germany: Merkel pledges 'every effort' to avert United States trade war
- Holiday Fire in Goleta scorches 100 acres; 80 percent contained
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin engaged after one month of dating
- Conservatives line up behind possible Trump Supreme Court finalists
- YouTube stars have died after falling into a waterfall pool in Canada
- Trump's tweets driving up oil prices
- Manchester United 'confident' of landing Chelsea's Willian
- Aides fear president will erupt over protests