Matthews was an 18-year-old resident of New Orleans who was tragically killed in a shooting back on June 26.
In photos, Matthews is seen sitting upright in a chair while wearing a Kyrie Irving Celtics jersey and playing video games with a controller in his hand. So much so, that his family wanted to remember him that way at his wake on Sunday. He also donned socks brandishing the likeness of Kyrie Irving, the Celtics player that wears the number 11 shirt, the same that Matthews wore.
During his wake at Charbonnet Labat Glapion Funeral Home in Treme, Matthews' family chose to remember him with what he loved most.
The realistic tribute to Matthews also came with the teenager surrounded by some of his favorite snacks, including cereal, Doritos, zebra cakes, and a root beer.
The tragic youngster had been out walking his dog when he was shot and robbed of his cellphone.
Renard was be buried in his beloved Celtics jersey on Tuesday morning.
- Hand of Fate 2 Officially Coming to Nintendo Switch; First Trailer Released
- King, Queen of Belgium, Macron to attend World Cup semi-final
- USA service member killed in apparent insider attack in Afghanistan
- Federer impresses Tendulkar with cricket skills at Wimbledon
- Netflix is Rolling Out a New ‘Smart Downloads’ Feature Today
- George Clooney reportedly hurt in Italian scooter crash
- WhatsApp Launches Campaign in India to Spot Fake Messages
- Trump Administration Readies Tariffs On $200 Billion Of Chinese Imports
- European Council president warns Trump about lack of United States allies
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive in Ireland on first worldwide trip