The adult film actress who is suing President Trump over an affair she says she had with him was arrested at an OH strip club for allegedly allowing a customer to touch her while onstage, Daniels's lawyer, Michael Avenatti, tweeted.
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was accused of touching three customers who were undercover vice detectives in the early-morning incident, police in the OH capital Columbus said in a statement.
Columbus police tell CBS News they're not aware of Daniels being arrested, and as of early Thursday, Daniels wasn't being held by the Franklin County Sheriff's Department.
As you can see, Avenatti thinks the charges are politically motivated.
He says he's confident that she'll be cleared of all charges.
Murphy said it's possible police were "bypassing" Daniels' arrest if she'd committed a "bondable offense", meaning she could pay a bond and be released from jail until her case is decided.
Avenatti continued to call the incident a "ridiculous" and "absurd use of law enforcement resources". We will fight all bogus charges. She was released on $6,054 bail and will be arraigned Friday morning.
The law, The Community Defense Act, prohibits adult entertainment - defined as nude or topless dancing - between midnight and 6am.
"This was a complete set up", he said.
A follow-up Daniels performance at the same club scheduled for Thursday has been cancelled. Per Ohio law, only family members are allowed to touch a nude or semi-nude dancer. Police documents show that Stormy touched Prather's butt and breasts and then put her own breasts in Prather's face. I deeply apologize to my fans in Columbus, ' Daniels said. Rarely used 2007 law Layken Curry, a dancer at Sirens Gentleman's Club, said dancers are not allowed to have contact with the customers and must maintain a one-arm distance from them.
"It reeks of desperation", Avenatti tweeted.
Daniels has been embroiled in a legal controversy with Trump over their alleged 2006 encounter, which he has repeatedly denied.
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was charged with three misdemeanor counts of "illegal sexually oriented activity".
Daniels is suing the president and his former longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, and trying to invalidate a nondisclosure agreement she signed days before the 2016 presidential election.
Earlier this week, Daniels performed in Washington minutes before President Donald Trump announced his Supreme Court nomination.
- Liverpool Expect To Sign Xherdan Shaqiri In Next Two Weeks
- United Kingdom plans maximum fine for Facebook over data breach
- Instagram model, 19, bitten by shark while taking photos in Bahamas
- Kane says England defeat will hurt for a long time
- Israel shuts primary Gaza crossing over border violence
- Wimbledon: Kerber defeats Kasatkina, sails to semi-finals
- Tropical Storm Chris Turning Into Hurricane Off North Carolina Coast
- Administration Suspends Billions in Payoffs to Obamacare Insurers | Trending
- Americans In London Urged To 'Keep A Low Profile' During Trump Visit
- 6 boys now free from Thai cave; rescuers aim for 7 others