A man returned to his New Jersey home Monday night to find both his wife and her lover dead in the garage, after the pair apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex, law enforcement sources tell NBC 4 NY.
Law enforcement sources told NBC the woman, 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave and a 56-year-old man believed to be her mechanic, had died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Law enforcement sources say they believe the woman was paying for her vehicle work by having sex with the mechanic, NBC New York reports.
Kahali Johnson tells WABC-TV he found the bodies about 9 p.m. Tuesday in a garage at his apartment building in Newark. "She's just a few feet away, she's laid out".
Johnson says he smelled a strong odor of gas, and he traced the source to a running vehicle in the garage. They were both pronounced dead.
Sources told NBC that Hargrave was having sex with the mechanic as a way to pay for his services. "I don't know what I'm going to do without her", her mother said.
Johnson believes that his wife died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and criticized the apartment for not having proper alarm systems in the garage. "She was everything to me". "I just want my mother back".
Family friend Kelly Mitchell said she couldn't get her head around Hargrave's death.
"This incident is under investigation, but appears to be accidental", Newark Police spokeswoman Catherine Adams said.
- PGA Tour Announces Changes to Season Schedule for 2018
- Trudeau Government Shares Concern with Trump on Russian Pipeline to Germany
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Man harasses woman over Puerto Rico shirt, says it’s ‘un-American’
- Junket tourism
- Prince Louis christened at intimate service in London
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Leaked in its Official Press Render
- Man With World's Longest Fingernails Cuts Them After 66yrs
- After many, many hours, Anderson beats Isner in Wimbledon semis
- Meghan Markle and Serena Williams' friendship ahead of Wimbledon final