Upgrades to the 13-inch and 15-inch machines will hit the streets this week, a year after the last major MacBook Pro release and probably a year ahead of the next significant overhaul. Notably, the new MacBook Pro models also come with an "improved third-generation keyboard for quieter typing", and are expected to have solved the dust issue affecting the earlier Butterfly switch design.
As we noted, Apple's professional laptops can often be found in unforgiving environments, such as field work. The new mechanism was spotted when iFixit dismantled the new 15-inch MacBook Pro keyboard. It said it was too excited to hold back this news for its full-analysis article so it published 'The great Apple keyboard cover-up' just ahead of the weekend.
Apple even has a patent for the very same technology behind its third-generation keyboard.
A quiet keyboard is a neat perk, but if dust can still hinder regular operation, it's still a sucky keyboard.
While Apple has not shouted about the dust-resistance of the updated keyboard, the silicone membrane uncovered by iFixit looks remarkably similar to a patent of Apple's for a method to "prevent and/or alleviate contaminant ingress". The 2017 MacBook Pros brought in a second generation butterfly keyboard, which had a slightly better reception.
Apple made the 2018 MacBook Pro available for order immediately after its announcement on Thursday and started delivering those orders to selected customers from the very next day itself. Not-to our eyes-a silencing measure. Although this is just an opinion, iFixit has backed up its claim with an Apple patent, that shows the exact same design, even being labeled that the membrane was created to "prevent and/or alleviate contaminant ingress".
- How to score the biggest deals this Amazon Prime Day
- Emery hopes to turn Özil’s Arsenal career around
- Trump's trip to the United Kingdom has many hallmarks of a state visit
- Target tries to one up Amazon with one-day sale
- Sen. Mark Warner: Vladimir Putin will 'take advantage' of Donald Trump
- 11 times Donald Trump praised Vladimir Putin
- How Trump's meeting with Queen unfolded at Windsor Castle
- Harry Kane: England have reconnected with fans
- Twitter Loves Emmanuel Macron's Excited Reactions During World Cup Final
- Giuliani: Other FBI agents likely texted anti-Trump messages