The MODIS image revealed a very.
Tropical storm watches are in effect for Barbados, Martinique, St. Martin, St. Barthelemy, Saba, St. Eustatius and St. Maarten. "The system can still cause a lot of damage regardless of whether it's a tropical storm or a hurricane". Four of those storms are projected to be hurricanes with wind speeds of 74 miles per hour (119 kilometers per hour). It was located about 965 miles east-southeast of the Lesser Antilles.
Tropical Depression Two, in the lower right of this GOES-16 satellite image, is moving west toward the Caribbean. Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 10 miles from the center, and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 35 miles. Dominica is now under a tropical storm warning as the worst of its weather is predicted to affect the island Sunday night.
According to the BWS, the system was expected to stay to the west of Bermuda but may result in moderate winds across Bermuda as it moves north tomorrow.
What's the difference between a tropical wave, a tropical depression and a tropical storm?
The estimated minimum central pressure is 1014 mb (29.95 inches).
Storms named Beryl have made landfall in the United States three different times over the years, in 1988, 1994 and 2012.
The National Hurricane Center is watching two areas of storminess in the Atlantic Ocean; one has been classified as the second Tropical Storm of the hurricane season.
"Tropical storm warnings and watches are in effect for portions of the Lesser Antilles, where Beryl is forecast to bring impacts from wind and rainfall to some of the islands beginning late today or tonight", forecasters said Sunday.
Beryl is the first mid-Atlantic storm to develop in July since 2014, while Alberto marked the fourth season in a row with a tropical system developing before the "official" start of the season on June 1. That's due to strong wind shear, dry air and dust, which should all combine to weaken the system, AccuWeather said.
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin engaged after one month of dating
- Donald Trump urged to avoid controversial Supreme Court pick
- 'Personal Liberty' Litmus Test for Supreme Court Nominees
- Longtime Spur Parker to sign with Hornets
- Trump says Kim ‘sees different future’ for North Korea
- Elon Musk offers engineers to help with Thailand cave rescue
- Severe Rain, Flooding Leave 38 Dead, Scores Missing in Japan
- Operation to rescue stranded Thai football team from flooded cave begins
- Vettel edges Hamilton to win British Grand Prix
- Croatia defender Vida won’t miss semifinal after video taunt