Musk tweeted that he was sending employees from his companies SpaceX and Boring to see if they could help. "Based on the complexity and difficulty of the cave environment it is unknown how long it might take and how many children would exit the cave".
While a huge amount of water has been pumped out over the past several days, the cave's floodwater level remains high due to the area's mountainous nature.
With time being of the essence for 12 boys and their coach, who have been trapped inside a Thai cave for over two weeks, the United States tech visionary has come forward with some ideas of his own.
"If depth of 2nd is accurate, would need ~0.5 bar tube pressure".
As The Verge reported, Musk has been working frantically to find a solution for the boys, who went exploring in the cave with their coach and became trapped by fast-rising waters after a rain. Engineers and rescue teams equipped to aid the Thai government have been volunteering to help-a former Thai Navy SEAL died from lack of oxygen as he worked to save the boys-but so far have had no luck.
With oxygen levels dropping and rain forecast, time has been running out on a plan to teach the boys - not strong swimmers - to make a dive through narrow, waterlogged passageways that would challenge experienced cavers.
Musk first offered to help with the rescue mission on Thursday.
Now, rescuers are weighing the best options to get the team out of the cave complex, an extremely hazardous operation that could potentially involve diving through caves only wide enough for one person. He replied to a Twitter user, saying he was "happy to help if there is a way to do so". REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha; SUPERIMPOSED: Elon Musk - the founder, CEO, and lead designer at SpaceX and the co-founder of Tesla - in Washington, US, July 19, 2017.
Rescuers have also explored digging a hole into the cave system, allowing the boys to exit.
Mr Musk's tunnelling startup Boring Co could potentially make available its massive drills or excavation expertise, but such an approach could be too risky for this mission.
- Rodriguez misses out for Colombia, Alli back for England
- Bentancur calms Cavani injury fears after worrying photos emerge
- Thai boys healthy as rescue plans formed
- Serena Hits The Second Round On Wimbledon Return
- Russia's top diplomats to meet after Putin-Trump summit: Russian foreign minister
- Reliance announces Jio GigaFiber across 1100 Indian cities
- White House Taps Former Fox News Executive For Senior Communications Job
- Samsung Galaxy S10 to get a triple camera setup
- Major state-owned Chinese banks seen selling dollars to support yuan
- Longtime Spur Parker to sign with Hornets