Chelsea hired Maurizio Sarri as its manager on a three-year contract on Saturday, bringing in a headstrong coach known for his expansive, attacking approach to football and for revitalizing Napoli in his only stint with a big European club.
'I would like to thank all of my friends at Chelsea for their hard work and support over the past two seasons which enabled us to win the Premier League and FA Cup together, ' read Conte's statement.
Jorginho naturally sounded excited after joining the Premier League giants and was expressive in his first interview.
Chelsea have not been massive spenders in recent times but they will certainly have to cough up the cash if they want to bring one of the best defenders in the world to Stamford Bridge.
His first signing is Jorginho, the Brazil-born Italy global midfielder who has followed him from Napoli for a fee of £57million.
'I am very happy to be coming to Chelsea and the Premier League.
"We are delighted Jorginho has chosen to join Chelsea", said Chelsea manager Marina Granovskaia.
However, many media houses claimed Napoli used the midfielder to ease Sarri's move to Chelsea.
The 59-year-old is wasting no time in bolstering his squad, with Chelsea announcing the signing of Jorginho from Napoli in a deal worth up to £57m.
Sarri is keen to work with Higuain again after the striker scored 36 goals in 35 league games under him during the 2015/16 campaign.
Conte, who had refused to walk away from Chelsea unless the final year of his contract was paid in full, was sacked on Friday morning.
During three years with Napoli, Sarri helped the club to two second-placed finishes in Serie A and won the Coach of the Year award in 2017.
Antonio Conte has told me by message that I do not follow at Chelsea and that's it. Conte said he did not count on me for next season.
- France winger Kylian Mbappe wins Sky Sports World Cup Power Rankings
- Barack Obama arrives in Kenya to help launch sister's sports center
- How Trump's meeting with Queen unfolded at Windsor Castle
- Trump's trip to the United Kingdom has many hallmarks of a state visit
- Germany Can 'No Longer Completely Rely On White House'
- How to score the biggest deals this Amazon Prime Day
- Team of the Fifa World Cup
- Berks native Taylor Swift returns to perform in home state
- Sen. Mark Warner: Vladimir Putin will 'take advantage' of Donald Trump
- Target tries to one up Amazon with one-day sale