However, after he agreed to join Juventus in a €100 million deal, Mendes has now ruled out that possibility.
Both the football club and the carmaker are controlled by the Agnelli family through their holding company. The USB trade union called the acquisition unfair, announcing a strike spanning three days.
"The company should invest in vehicle models that guarantee the futures of thousands of people, rather than enriching only one". Added to that the likelihood that he will strengthen the team, it seems plausible that they will be more successful domestically and qualify routinely for the Champions League.
Ronaldo has established himself as one of football's greatest ever players during his time at Madrid and he helped the Spanish side to win the Champions League for the third year running last season.
It always seemed impossible to sign Cristiano and so many believed if it ever did become possible, the Red Devils would be the first in line to bring him back.
His new team-mate also suffered a last-16 defeat, as Portugal fell 2-1 to Uruguay, although Ronaldo managed four goals in four games.
Both Fiat Chrysler (FCA) and Juventus are controlled by Exor, the investment holding of Italy's Agnelli family, which owns almost 30 percent of the carmaker and 64 percent of the soccer team.
The trade union known as Unione Sindicale di Base (USB), declared that workers at a plant in the south of Italy would go on a two-day strike beginning on July 15.
However, the impact of the stoppage is likely to be limited.
Fiat Chrysler, whose Jeep logo is plastered across Juventus' black-and-white-striped jerseys, could get a huge advertising boost in the deal, according to analysts.
- Rafael Nadal edges del Potro to set Novak Djokovic clash — ATP Wimbledon
- Russian head coach Cherchesov: "We'll do even better at Qatar 2022!"
- Stormy Daniels Arrested In Ohio Strip Club, Michael Avenatti Says
- Paul Farbrace: Joe Root has to learn a lot from Eoin Morgan
- Off-centre Museum of London 'target' Southgate's waistcoat 1 hour ago
- France the favorite to win it all over Croatia on Sunday
- Eight boys rescued from Thai cave recovering — Sunglasses and chocolates
- NFL Supplemental Draft 2018: Sam Beal Headlines Players Selected
- Americans warned to keep a low profile
- Tit-for-tat tariffs will 'destroy' trade relations with US, says China