Rumors regarding Williams' return began to swirl recently after the actor had to cancel an appearance at the Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo due to a film schedule conflict.
Williams's most recent film was 2017's The Lego Batman Movie, where he voiced Harvey Dent, the lawyer who becomes supervillain Two-Face - a character he had previously played in Tim Burton's live-action Batman (1989). Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that Williams will indeed be returning to the Star Wars big screen for the first time since 1983s Return of the Jedi.
While there are many Lando Calrissian stories that are now non-canon (a.k.a. have the designation "Star Wars Legends"), the character has been a key part of the universe for years.
It looks like the smooth space-age swag of Lando Calrissian is returning to help the Rebellion (or maybe the First Order?) in Star Wars: Episode IX.
In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
- Jamie Vardy sends Gareth Southgate update ahead of World Cup semi-final
- Indian Supreme Court orders Nirbhaya's rapists to hang
- Microsoft Surface Go Pre-Order, Price, Accessories, And Availability Details
- Samsung opens worlds largest phone factory in India
- Thailand cave rescue: ‘Everybody will be out TODAY’ Eleventh person rescued
- Trump Slams NYT For Critical Article On US Stance on Breastfeeding
- Jewish groups 'concerned' over Trump's Supreme Court pick Kavanaugh
- Cheap device could stall Apple's new USB port lock
- Rain adds urgency to rescue of last five trapped in Thai cave
- Pompeo shrugs off 'gangster' rebuke from North Korea