Liverpool are closing in on a transfer swoop for Stoke City winger Xherdan Shaqiri, who has also been linked with a move to Manchester United this summer.
A product of the Basel youth system, Shaqiri has spent the last three seasons at the Brittania, coming over from Inter for a then-club record £12 million.
The Reds have now made a formal approach to Stoke for the 26-year-old who has a £13.5million release clause that will enable him to make the switch to Anfield without any fuss following their relegation from the Premier League.
The Reds expect that players participate in 75 percent of games if they go on loan.
Shaqiri was among Switzerland's best players in their run to the last 16 of the World Cup, scoring a late victor in their only victory, against Serbia.
The Switzerland worldwide is keen to leave Stoke after their relegation from the Premier League and is reported to have a release clause in his contract, although the exact details of that remain unknown.
- Kane says England defeat will hurt for a long time
- Trump releases 'very nice' letter from Kim Jong Un
- Comcast is expected to raise its offer for Sky
- 6 boys now free from Thai cave; rescuers aim for 7 others
- From EU's Donald To US' Donald, "Dear Trump, Appreciate Your Allies"
- Trump denies United States opposition to World Health Organization breastfeeding resolution
- Israel shuts primary Gaza crossing over border violence
- Princess Charlotte to photographers: 'You're not coming'
- Wimbledon: Kerber defeats Kasatkina, sails to semi-finals
- Recently-crowned World's Ugliest Dog dies