Liverpool have submitted a £62 million offer to Roma for the Brazil worldwide as the club step up their search for a new first-choice goalkeeper ahead of the new season.
The German keeper then dropped another clanger in a pre-season game against Tranmere last week which further intensified speculation over his position.
Today, Liverpool are closing-in on Chelsea target Alisson Becker...
Alisson is the number one choice for the Brazil National team and played in every game for Brazil at the World Cup in Russian Federation.
The newspaper says that Chelsea - who have also been strongly linked with Alisson recently - are reluctant to pay that kind of money for the goalkeeper but Liverpool's offer will force them to show their hand.
Klopp was already considering a new goalkeeper before that poor performance.
Either figure would be a world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper.
Real may still be a player in the deal as they are reportedly interested in Chelsea 'keeper Thibaut Courtois, which would mean Chelsea would be in the market for a new stopper.
After making such a statement with their offer, it is unlikely Liverpool will be put off by the asking price.
- PM warns ‘there may be no Brexit — Newspaper headlines
- Amazon back up as usual, says sales rise despite Prime Day crashes
- Ex-minister backs new Brexit vote as eurosceptics pressure May
- Ten newly found moons of Jupiter include a 'wrong-way driver'
- Federation Internationale de Football Association set November and December for 2022 World Cup tournament in Qatar
- Cher and Meryl Streep stun at Mammia Mia premiere — Blue carpet glamour
- Putin praises Trump as 'well-qualified' after summit
- Israel bans Palestinian sympathy in schools
- There's a new team in 'the driver's seat' for Kawhi Leonard
- Netflix drops dud on Wall St. as subscriber growth flops