Last October, Lovren was taken off by Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp just half an hour into a game against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley, when Kane scored twice in a 4-1 win for his side.
Speaking to BeIN SPORTS, he said: "I heard people saying I had a hard season but I don't agree with that".
"Since I came in, maybe Dejan made three or four mistakes, two of them in the Tottenham game, maybe one in a Champions League game a year ago".
"I think people should recognise that I am one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense".
Dejan Lovren says people should respect him as "one of the best defenders in the world" having helped Croatia to the World Cup final and Liverpool to the final of the Champions League. People are crying in our country.
He continued: 'This is something we will never forget.
"We will never forget this".
"[In Croatia] we went through a lot of s***, war, all these things and even now the situation is not the best".
And he is delighted that this current Croatian generation have finally lived up to, and now surpassed, the standards of the 1998 team which reached the semi-finals. We couldn't control the ball or control situations.
Dalic refused to confirm whether right back Sime Vrsaljko would miss the game, after the Atletico Madrid player came off in extra time against Russian Federation.
"They had also good chances, but second half we did it much, much better".
Speaking after Croatia's 2-1 win over England, Lovren told beIN Sports: 'It's something special, for me.
Key to Croatia reaching the final has been the inspirational performances of Real Madrid's 32-year-old midfielder Luka Modric, who has not only lifted the Champions League trophy four times, but is the heartbeat of this Croatian team.
- NFL Supplemental Draft 2018: Sam Beal Headlines Players Selected
- Paul Farbrace: Joe Root has to learn a lot from Eoin Morgan
- "It Was A Crazy Moment" - Photographer On That Croatia Goal Celebration
- Harry urges action on modern-day crises as he visits starvation memorial
- Jubilant Croatia fans revel in World Cup semi-final win over England
- Juventus GM Marotta: Ronaldo the first to believe in this operation
- Boost for England as Croatia star is ruled out
- Americans warned to keep a low profile
- Russian head coach Cherchesov: "We'll do even better at Qatar 2022!"
- Thailand cave rescue Brit diver says: 'We are not heroes'